Improving species biodiversity analyses and citizen science feedback through mining data – SPEEDMIND
- Dr. Niklaus E. Zimmermann (WSL)
Ten thousands of records for species every month from citizen scientists. No feedback. No possibility of learning from this data yet.
- Setting up an interface that integrates input from citizen science, earth observations (e.g remote sensing), and species distribution modelling.
- Integration of deep learning to find hidden patterns between species (e.g. biotic interactions).
- New possibility to model species distributions.
- Important assessment of uncertainties possible.
- Better feedback to citizen scientist.
- Better coordination of conservation efforts.