The Human Measurement Project – HMP
Dr. Klaus Schönenberger (EPFL)
Prof. Robert West (EPFL)
Prof. Jean-Philippe Thiran (EPFL)
Prof. Matthias Roth-Kleiner (CHUV)
Thierry Agagliate (Terre des Hommes)
- Malnutrition remains widespread worldwide.
- 1/3 of African children are stunted.
- Anthropometric measurements are essential to diagnose malnutrition & other health conditions.
- Measurements are often imprecise/unreliable, especially with children.
- A mobile application based on Ai that can estimate body measures from a cellphone image.
- Data from 6000 children in Burkina Faso.
- A sustainable business model for deployment in both developed and developing countries.
- Fight malnutrition in low income contexts
- Innovative medical diagnoses based on Ai-enabled anthropometry.
- Dual business models: premium in industrial context vs freemium in low-income contexts.